Friday, March 16, 2007

1st Post: The Purpose of this Blog

I am creating this blog to allow me to easily show others the progress of a mod I am making for NWN2. So far all I have done is to work on making indoor and outdoor areas. This is the first time I have ever attempted anything of this magnitude and I have a lot to learn. Because I don't wish to be constrained completely by the pre-existing histories of other fantasy worlds I have chosen to set my first mod in a custom world of my own creation. Though I could invent new deities for this setting that would mean learning to edit the 2da files and people playing this mod as divine classes might have problems taking there characters to other modules so I am using the deities of the forgotten realms. What this means in game is that my custom world will be a side plane to Aber-Toril. This means that the same magic and deities govern this plane as Toril and that it is possible to travel to Aber-Toril from my world; however, I am introducing a constraint that it is impossible for normal life forms to travel from one of these side planes to other planes not connected to Toril without first traveling to Toril. I am planning this feature to be part of the story eventually but cannot reveal that part without giving away many things about my campaign.

No comments: